Composite Design Engineer
Job TitleComposite Design Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Composite Design Engineer
umpstart your career with our client in Mooresville, NC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Composite Design Engineer, you will produce innovative, intelligent designs for Composite Production, in a timely manner with respect to Project schedules, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in Design Engineering
- Must have a sound understanding of how to use CATIA software to design in composites
- Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications in the Composite manufacturing process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Available evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, laminating production details, in line with scheduled release dates
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of Composite parts and / or data submittal to the customer
- Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise
- Identify problems and develop solutions
- Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to Composite manufacturing
- Collaborate with vendors to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed
- Maintain and build relationships with customers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply