Civil & Structural Design Engineer
Job TitleCivil & Structural Design Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Civil & Structural Design Engineer
Expand your professional portfolio as a Civil & Structural Design Engineer at Enviva in Raleigh, NC. As a Civil & Structural Design Engineer, you will provide a standardized and consistent design approach across all projects, leverage specialized knowledge both internal and external to the team, and setup projects for success by delivering ideal designs. This is a direct-hire opportunity. This position has the opportinity to be remote for the right candidate.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of overall engineering experience required
- 3+ years of civil/structural design engineering experience required
- 2+ years of project/plant engineering experience required
- Experience and exposure to process equipment & 24/7 manufacturing
- Highly literate of technical documentation: Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams, Utility Plans, 3D Models, Electrical Schematics (Electrical Infrastructure / One-Line Diagrams), Site Topographical, Codes / Specifications, Basis of Design
- Ability to navigate in and review designs via 3D models (Navisworks, AutoCAD)
- Experience designing foundations and structural supports for process equipment – specifically including varying soils and site conditions and handling dynamic forces and vibration
- Experience designing civil for manufacturing sites including accommodating underground utilities, grading & paving plans, water runoff handling
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate to diverse stakeholders summarizing technical information in a concise and clear manner
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, Teams, Visio, and Project
- Professional Engineer License (preferred)
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Develop, define, and update discipline specific design engineering specifications and requirements for new and existing sites across all of Enviva per OEMS 4.1
- Serve as internal subject matter expert for discipline answering all inquiries related to design practices and engineering specifications throughout the design phase and from the field during construction
- Provide design input for all projects related to discipline and review all vendor drawings & deliverables ensuring adherence to engineering specifications, good engineering practices, and relevant industry code
- Gather input from knowledgeable stakeholders on design decisions, moderate review, and deliver decision with clear documentation of rationale
- Manage lessons learned database for discipline across all operating sites and recently executed projects to provide feedback loop to engineering specifications and best practices
- Drive consistency across project designs by implementing best practices with the goal of achieving companywide standardization
- Partner with procurement to provide direction and conduct reviews on scope of work packages.
- Implement sound engineering solutions for mitigating existing issues, drive continuous improvement, and introduce innovations where appropriate
- Demonstrate formality and lead by example in ensuring that all changes are entered, thoroughly vetted, and tracked through an approved Change Management process
- Travel to sites to support project construction and emphasize proper design & installation
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply