Project Engineering Director
Job TitleProject Engineering Director
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Project Engineering Director
Expand your professional portfolio as a Project Engineering Director with our client in Raleigh, NC. As the Project Engineering Director, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing the technical aspects of project development, construction, commissioning, and start-up of projects on time and on budget.
- BS, Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, etc.)
- 10+ years of industrial process/manufacturing experience in a technical role
- 5+ years in a leadership position, preferably over a technical group
- 8+ years managing a team of high-performing engineers that exemplify a culture of excellence
- 2+ years of experience managing other managers/leaders
- Engineering design development experience, pre-FEED/FEED/Detailed Design (preferred)
- Working knowledge of design and equipment standards
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Experience in wood processing (preferred)
- Comfortable speaking and presenting detailed information in a group setting
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Establish strong development processes and communicate them across multiple teams and organizations
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience (preferred)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
- Working knowledge of Oracle Aconex and P6 (preferred)
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Lead a team of engineers to support project development for greenfield, expansion, and small cap projects
- Create preliminary design deliverables, including but not limited to, engineered drawings, scopes of work for procurement, project estimation, schedule, etc.
- Review detailed drawings and specifications developed by engineer of record during detailed design
- Field support through construction, start-up, and commissioning as needed
- Plan and execute capital projects ($50-200MM) while managing to the set project budget and schedule
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives, budget adherence, and work activities
- Work with the project managers to drive cost and schedule performance including and other key performance indicators
- Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (daily to monthly); provide detailed project progress reports to Executive Staff
- Develop opportunities that enhance the quality, decrease cost, and/or reduce time to for project lifecycle
- Develop and lead direct reports to ensure consistency across all projects
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
- Serve as a key member of a matrix organization, coordinating closely with various departments and functions across the company
- Other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply