Manufacturing Engineer (Planning)
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer (Planning)
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC –Manufacturing Engineer– Charleston, SC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of
$78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is
the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
• Planning manufacturing processes and investment for MAE based on TPZ and production plan
• Requisition orders for purchasing or service
• Responsible for pre-final acceptance and ramp up support of new machine and equipment
• Setup quality documents (FMEA, CP, Work instructions) according to ChP policy, regulations and procedures
• Ensure Bosch Production System (BPS) concepts implementation starting at planning phase
• Implementing quality tools in workshop (SPC, POKA YOKE, PDCA, QAM)
• Prepare and get the MAE and process release from releasing department's plants
• Lead the problem solving process
• Evaluate operation flow, cycle time, machines, tools and necessary materials to meet the production plan
• Coordinate projects regarding cost reduction, quality improvements and customer satisfaction
• Implement action to prevent occurrence of nonconformities relating to product and process through appropriate quality tools
• Follow all plant EHS regulations and procedures
• Support maintenance department for spare parts planning
• Define wear off parts and ensure the availability together with purchasing department
• Prepare all planning issues for Audits and accompany auditors to assure a successful Audit
• Bachelor or Master degree of Mechanical and Electrical engineering
• Fluent English speaking and writing skills (German as plus)
• Mechanical and Electrical engineering background
• Engineering mindset and sense
• Computer skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.