Visions Systems Engineer
Job TitleVisions Systems Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC – Vision Systems Engineer– Charleston, SC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of
$78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is
the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
- Vision Systems equipment selection, set-up and implementation.
- Support and development of Vision System processes and equipment (DVT, Cognex, NeurCheck, Keyence).
- Communication, support and implement Lead-plant standards.
- Support daily production operations (troubleshooting, maintenance, trials, capacity planning).
- PFMEA, Control Plan and Process Flow development support.
- Implementation of 2D matrix code systems (reading and verification).
- Project management - ability to work in and lead teams.
- Weekly meeting with supervisor to review defined topics and project status.
- Training and coaching of production associates with regular evaluation of technician (process + equipment).
- Assignments of special tasks.
- On-call to support machine or process spills.
- Support production documentation and regular updates of documents (FMEA, PQP, TPM, PQI's, etc.).
- Participate in daily production meetings.
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment with vision system equipment/processes (DVT, Cognex, Keyence).
- Project leadership skills, ability to prioritize workload and meet established targets.
- Willingness/ability to learn new vision technology and processes.
- High level of teamwork, self-initiative, detailed, self-motivated and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Use of analytical skills to problem solve.
- Experience with equipment maintenance and management (PM,TPM knowledge).
- Good interaction skills, effective communicator (oral, written), and willing to share information.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.