Job TitleLogistics Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Logistics Engineer at Robert Bosch, LLC in Charleston, SC. As a Logistics Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, validating, and implementing methods and tools that improve the operational flexibility and execution of a lean production system, using appropriate logistics concepts and BPS principles. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in logistics, manufacturing, or other related technical field
- Previous experience with self-managed teams
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead groups and delegate tasks
- Flexible, welcoming, and adapting to change, including working hours
- Effective follow-up to ensure successful implementation
- Demonstrated discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures
- Develop and implement solutions that focus on reducing lead time throughout the value stream
- Actively use BPS principles and Lean Systems design to continuously improve the value stream
- Reduce costs by eliminating waste related to the supply chain and returnable management
- Develop standardized work in respective areas for Material Flow Center (MFC) associates
- Develop, update, and maintain various Plan for Every Part worksheets (PFEPs)
- Facilitate and recommend departmental layouts that optimize material flow and support BPS concepts
- Forecast future space requirements by considering inventory policies, ramp-ups/ramp-downs, and equipment/operator utilization
- Actively pursue new systems, technologies, and the drive for a connected value stream (i.e. Autonomous Guided Vehicles, Radio Frequency Identification, and Intralogistics Execution Systems)
- Provide logistics support on cross-functional teams, including Lead Line Designs (LLD)
- Perform other duties as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
Robert Bosch, LLC
Some 374,000 associates generated sales of over 70.6 billion euros worldwide in 2015. In North America, the Bosch Group has over 41,000 associates, and in business year 2015 achieved a total of 14.1 billion euros in sales revenue.
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 30 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors.
Our associates will run state of the art automatic production equipment and technology in a clean, climate-controlled environment. These positions are long term with opportunity for upgrades, conversion to full time hire and skill training programs offered each year.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply