Job TitleProcess/Controls Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Process/Controls Engineer at Robert Bosch, LLC in Charleston, SC. As a Process/Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting optimization, problem-solving, and improving new, highly complex, automated manufacturing equipment. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- BS or higher in an engineering field (industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer, or materials science)
- 3+ years of experience in automated, industrial manufacturing
- Experience with PLC programming and fieldbus communication
- Close familiarity with electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Self-starter who is innately curious, with the ability and willingness to facilitate and lead the development of technical processes
- Comfort with cross functional activities and teams
- Willingness and capacity to travel domestically and internationally (15% travel for training and process development expected during the first year)
- Experience with dispensing technology (i.e., silicone, epoxy, or other resins)
- Familiarity with Keyence, Sensopart, or Neurocheck vision programs, Kuka and Staeubli robots and control systems, Bosch Rexroth motion and torque control, and Siemens or NeXeed PLC/controls
- Experience with the Bosch production system (BPS) and its value stream mapping tools
- Strong problem-solving methodologies
- Configure, test, and debug station and process software
- Assess and improve the interaction between process and control systems, diagnosing issues and reducing/preventing downtime
- Program and commission electrical devices, including motor and torque controllers, robot controllers, scanners, PLCs, bus systems, vision systems, and testing equipment
- Review e-plans and mechanical, electrical, and network drawings and schematics, comparing equipment schematics to specifications
- Participate in line release activities to launch production
- Provide innovative solutions to challenging manufacturing problems, including areas of Industry 4.0 or data analysis
- Develop key processes for SMG production
- SE teamwork with ENG, PUR, MOE, refining process parameters and resolving fit-for-use topics
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers to build robust process capabilities into equipment, processes, and control system designs
- Mentor and train hourly associates in proactive maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned processes, including the development and rollout of training materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
Robert Bosch, LLC
Some 374,000 associates generated sales of over 70.6 billion euros worldwide in 2015. In North America, the Bosch Group has over 41,000 associates, and in business year 2015 achieved a total of 14.1 billion euros in sales revenue.
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 30 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors.
Our associates will run state of the art automatic production equipment and technology in a clean, climate-controlled environment. These positions are long term with opportunity for upgrades, conversion to full time hire and skill training programs offered each year.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply