LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job TitleAPQP Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with our client in North Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the APQP Engineer, you will be the primary quality contact for the customer. This Engineer will also work with SQE group to ensure component PPAPs are completed on time as well as participating in program meetings, lead and coordinate APQP/PPAP deliverables within Supply Quality Engineering group.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Prior or Current Plant Experience
- Supplier experience with customers to include but not limited to automotive and Heavy duty customer
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification preferred
- Experience in root-cause analysis and problem solving methods, Six Sigma, Red X preferred
- Heater exchanger or similar components preferred
- Strong working knowledge of APQP/PPAP, Process, Control Plan, SPC, GD&T, Corrective Action
- Strong understanding of PPAP, APQP, MSA, FMEAs, IMDS, PRR, and Control Plans
- Processes; ability to interpret and comprehend complex drawings, PFMEA, GR&R, working knowledge of TS/IATF16949 and ISO 9001
- Accountability, Team players approach an excellent oral and written communicator
- Hands on with a proactive approach to identify and avoid problems in an early stage
- Solid organizational and project management skills and demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams
- Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in order to ensure a flawless serial production launch
- Up to 20% Domestic/International travel with/without overnight stay may be required
- Be the voice of Customer in a team environment and communicate customer requirements to the plant
- Manage APQP activities for assigned programs such as PPAP, FMEA, Quality gates, MSA, production sign off, etc.
- Drive tasks to closure and discipline to communicate effectively with all different levels of organization
- Support production with on key initiatives • Flexibility to support internal assignments/projects
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply