Volvo Car - Conveyor Engineer - Paint
Job TitleVolvo Car - Conveyor Engineer - Paint
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Volvo Car Manufacturing Engineer - Paint shop conveying
With Volvo Car Manufacturing Engineering, you are part of a global production team that makes sure that the cars we build meet the highest expectations from our customers. You will support new model Launch & Program Management. We are seeking an Area/Tooling Engineer for transportsystems in our Paint Shop located near Charleston, SC.
What you’ll do:
• Factory & component (conveyors , lifts , high bay storage , ….) layout development.
• Financial follow up regarding funds and asset management within the area.
• Follow up of time and technique (incl. programmation) within the area of responsibility and project.
• Follow up of end user take over routine to production & maintenance within the area.
• Coordination with other major activities within the area.
• Close cooperation with other functions within the area (Manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, MP&L) and support running production with analysis within the area of responsibility.
• Share knowledge and experience, and offer trainings accordingly, to improve capability and competence of local engineers.(maintenance , process & production)
• Maintain good communication within the area and other parts of the organisation.
• Maintain good knowledge of the process by visiting/benchmarking colleagues and competitors.
• Demonstrate personal leadership in support of company business objectives and role model the Volvo Cars Culture.
What we require:
• ME or IE Bachelors Preferred or commiserate experience
• 5-7+ years of expertise in paint shop manufacturing/automotive industry
• Exceptional project management and leadership skills
• Communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with internal and external customers and stakeholders
• Willingness to travel domestically or internationally
• Working experience in an international and diverse environment is a plus
• Experience of Manufacturing Engineering processes and FT&E process
• Broad knowledge from other similar operations within the area
• Work in a team oriented environment
• Target oriented and strong analytical skills
• Well organized working methods and ability to report in a structured and concise format
• Ability to organize and prioritize own work and to manage multiple tasks
• Positive mind-set and pro-active attitude, self starter.
• Ability to interact cross-functionally and to act in a multi-cultural environment