Job CategoryProf-Environmental, Health & Safety
Job TitleEnvironmental Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as an Environmental Specialist with MAU’s client in Plattsburgh, NY. As an Environmental Specialist, you will administer environmental regulations and the Sustainable Manufacturing and Environmental Pollution (SMEP) program to uphold compliance with environmental laws and regulations. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- 5+ years of experience as an Environmental Engineer working on projects to reduce Co2, zero landfill waste, small project management, and electrical savings
- Knowledge of spill plans, basic hazardous waste regulations, and air and environmental regulations
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiations, and conflict resolution to allow successful implementation of environmental programs
- Experience in developing and/or updating environmental plans, permits, and standard operating procedures to maintain compliance
- Experience working in the environmental compliance field at a manufacturing facility, with environmental management systems, Clean Air Act regulation (including permitting and compliance), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, wastewater sampling and operation, Storm Water Regulation, and EPA toxic release inventory
- Experience with Office 365 tools
- Generate recommendations for environmental processes/programs to meet and improve upon the environmental program and SMEP requirements. The guarantee of the site's compliance with regulations and internal requirements is sustained
- The site has relevant and comprehensive environmental risk analysis and action plans
- In the context of design projects, technical transformations of equipment or building changes, the position of the site Environment specialist is well defined and formally communicated to the project team
- The sites current operating variances are analyzed and deliberated; expressly with CO2, VOC, waste, water, pollution topics. The necessary notification is produced and distributed.
- Best practices are shared internally and with other sites. The site Environment specialist participates in or leads the business meetings of this network
- The annual review of the site is presented by the Environment specialist during the SMEP Management Review of the site
- The Environment specialist is a leader in the domain in site events: steering committees, environmental agreement, training
- External (environmental government structure) and internal partners are identified, and the Environment specialist is the site's ambassador in these networks
- Coordinate and conduct environmental audits to verify conformance with the SMEP standards, applicable environmental laws, and regulations
- Compile necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with environmental regulations and SMEP requirements
- Respond to requests for information relevant to environmental issues from persons inside and/or outside the company
- Oversee implementation of allocated programs by Michelin personnel. Provide work standards to production employees concerning environmental requirements
- Develop and deliver relevant and effective training to employees
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply