Electrical and Instrument Technician
Job TitleElectrical and Instrument Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Electrical and Instrument Technician
Expand your professional career as an Electrical and Instrument Technician with MAU's client in Augusta, GA. As an Electrical and Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical and instrumentation equipment, valves, lights, motors, and PLC hardware, according to the manufacturer's or on-site specifications. You will use hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments to perform assigned tasks. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Our client is in the business of chemistry expertise. They are the chosen partners for water-intensive industries worldwide, helping their customers design for efficiency, reuse recourses, and revitalize natural systems, ensuring hygiene, safe water, food safety, and more. With over 100 years of experience, they deliver visible improvements with the expertise of more than 5,000 employees.
- 1st shift, Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Excellent, multicultural, and positive working environment
- Ability to increase your skills in various areas
- Associate's degree or electrical instrumentation training certifications from a trade school or other recognized training facility
- 2+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Primary computer and mathematical skills
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, ascend 4+ flights of stairs, climb ladders, and work in adverse conditions typical of an industrial manufacturing facility (i.e., hot/cold/rainy weather conditions, cramped or confined spaces, loud and/or dusty environments)
- Inspect, maintain, monitor, repair, and replace items such as instruments, valves, disconnects, starters, and equipment-specific controls (boilers, rectifiers, etc.) to protect personnel, ensure safe operation, regulatory compliance, product quality, and keep processes running efficiently
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and correct equipment malfunctions and abnormal situations
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, and reassemble equipment such as automatic valves and actuators, electric motors, instrumentation, and pneumatic systems
- Remove and place back into service after calibrating control instrumentation items such as level, flow, pressure and temperature transmitters, and process analyzers
- Measure, cut, bend, and install conduit, fittings, and tubing, as needed, to install or repair equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background checks and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Electrical and Instrument Technician position.