Electrical Maintenance Technician
Job TitleElectrical Maintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Expand your professional portfolio as an Electrical Maintenance Technician with our client in Grovetown, GA. As the Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will install and maintain manufacturing equipment and systems, plant equipment and systems, and perform building maintenance in support of manufacturing operations. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Direct-hire opportunity
- 2-year technical degree in industrial maintenance or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Functional understanding of diagnosing and repairing common malfunctions of CNC machine controls
- Experienced with PLC machine controls, motor controls and AC/DC drive controls
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to identify and implement improvements in materials, methods, processes, etc. which contribute to profitability
- 4 years industrial maintenance experience
- Ability to:
- Work at elevations and climb ladders up to 100’
- Measure to .0005"
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Work outside and at hot and cold temperature extremes
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plant safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to policies and procedures
- Understand plant environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to performance of daily duties
- Drive every issue to a root cause failure, or root cause of malfunction
- Proficient use of electrical multimeter, megger, amprobe, and other similar instruments in proper situations combined with in depth mechanical knowledge to achieve root cause failures
- Installation and startup of new manufacturing or support equipment including preparation of foundations, assembly of equipment per manufacturer’s drawings, leveling and alignment of equipment or components using appropriate tools and instruments, and startup and adjustment of equipment
- Only change parts when absolutely necessary, using skill and craftsmanship to make timely and robust repairs with more readily available materials
- Diagnose and repair basic electrical malfunctions on plant and manufacturing equipment including finding and replacing blown fuses, repairing damaged wiring, and replacing defective components
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of CNC, PLC machine controls, motor controls, AC/DC drive controls, oven temperature controls, gas burner controls, induction furnace controls, and other common industrial control and instrumentation devices
- Bench repair/rebuild of electrical equipment components
- Design, Layout, fitting, and installation of conduit, cable trays and other common industrial wiring systems
- Perform preventive maintenance on and inspection of plant and manufacturing equipment per documented procedures and methods
- Assist with developing preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for equipment using OEM equipment manuals and component manuals
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of building electrical and lighting systems and perform preventive maintenance per documented procedures and methods
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions and perform routine maintenance on forklifts and other mobile equipment
- Plan material requirements, layout, and fabricate tools, components or other assemblies per drawings or per functional requirements using common materials including metals, plastics, etc. and common methods including welding, bolting, etc.
- Bench repair/rebuild of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment components
- Layout, fitting, and installation of screwed or welded piping components and systems
- Other duties as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply