Senior Maintenance Technician
Job TitleSenior Maintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs basic industrial mechanical equipment and systems.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical/electrical systems by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pumps, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instruction, and engineering specifications.
- Operates mechanical/electrical tools and equipment as required to fabricate or repair industrial parts and equipment.
- Operates mobile equipment as required.
- Replace defective equipment parts then set specified clearances and adjust alignment of moving and stationary parts using hand and power tools.
- Weld, repair and fabricate equipment or machinery as necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment, hydraulics, or other mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots mechanical problems and performs root cause analysis in partnership with operations to solve problems and make improvements.
- Documents work performed in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) in order to build equipment history by creating, retrieving and closing work orders. Reviews equipment repair history for PM/PD creation or changes to current practices.
- Red-line drawings when discrepancies are identified between a drawing and actual plant conditions.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting order; verifying receipt.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area by complying with documentation, procedural and applicable regulatory requirements (such as safety, environmental and housekeeping.)
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establish personal networks. Trains others in areas of proficiency or expertise.
- Monitor service contracts for preventive maintenance/repairs of equipment.
- Communicates with vendors and outside contractors to schedule and supervise maintenance work on equipment.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting PLC systems.
- Familiarity with high voltage equipment operation, maintenance, and safe test procedures as required.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules, ensuring that all laws are obeyed and equal employment, safety and environmental protection are practiced.
- Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift or travel as needed. May involve off-shift call-in coverage when necessary.
- Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates development and career goals to immediate supervisor and takes ownership of personal development plan.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This is a non-supervisory position, but may provide guidance to other maintenance mechanics or electro-mechanical technicians as needed.
- Ten or more years of work experience as a Mechanical Technician or Electro-Mechanical related experience in an industrial environment. Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with interpretation of technical drawings and information, computerized maintenance management system.
- Possesses advanced mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Related experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Pipe welding Certification.
- HVAC repair license.
- OSHA 30 hour course.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities