LocationNew Bedford, MA
Job TitleMaintenance Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Maintenance Supervisor with Atkore in New Bedford, MA. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will implement and execute preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance programs in alignment with Atkore’s Maintenance Excellence strategy. You will create, implement, maintain, and continuously improve programs to ensure equipment availability and reliability, guaranteeing business needs and satisfying customers. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the Company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills of industrial equipment
- Wire and cable experience in extrusion and cabling (desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience implementing or utilizing CMMS
- Knowledge of OSHA-mandated regulations
- Project management experience
- Experience managing hourly labor hours and repairs, and maintenance spending budgets
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Lean Manufacturing experience, including problem-solving tools
- Strong interpersonal, change management, project management, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead teams
- Experience supervising a unionized workforce (preferred)
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the Shift (12 hours per day) and lift/manipulate up to 60 pounds
- Maintain and improve preventive maintenance programs for the plant
- Develop and standardize the use of CMMS, training and coaching maintenance technicians
- Train maintenance technicians to perform job duties
- Prioritize and assign work orders
- Supervise a unionized plant maintenance workforce, managing vacation schedules and overtime
- Implement and improve Atkore’s Maintenance Excellence strategy
- Ensure closure of corrective actions are assigned to maintenance based on root cause analyses from equipment breakdown, safety incidents, quality non-conformances, and customer complaints
- Track program compliance and effectiveness
- Ensure critical spare parts and all parts and tools necessary to perform planned maintenance activities successfully are available in the storeroom
- Manage supplier/vendor relationships
- Evaluate functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments, identifying problems and requirements
- Maintain function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program, operating and testing systems and equipment, and restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations, and environmental policies and procedures
- Analyze historical data and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
- Manage and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned Company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor position.