Robert Bosch, LLC - Production Mechanic
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Production Mechanic
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of $78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life."
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC. If you prefer, you may send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
- Demonstrates self initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilizes CIP concepts to improve quality and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Monitors operations, reduces scrap and rework rates, audits parts, and when required performs adjustments necessary to maintain proper setup and to ensure quality production.
- Initiates corrective actions if SPC data shows "out-of-control" conditions.
- Instructs associates in the proper use and care of machines, tools, and measuring instruments.
- Reduces setup time and general downtimes.
- Controls parts flow and monitors production quantities.
- Analyzes equipment/machine problems, performs repairs, or initiates corrective actions if beyond scope of experience.
- Replaces defective parts such as gears, clutches, bushings, shafts, bearings, solenoids, valves, pumps, direction controls, etc.
- Maintains safe working conditions and proper housekeeping and performs additional assignments as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent. High level of experience in assembly/machining area; successful completion of Robert Bosch setup training or completion of apprenticeship program; or equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency, leadership ability, and teamwork.
- Must be willing to work on alternate shifts and must demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes.
- Expected to meet upgrade requirements per upgrade procedure.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities