Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC - Body Shop Maintenance Engineer
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans, LLC - Body Shop Maintenance Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Body Shop Maintenance Engineer
Jumpstart your career with Mercedes Benz Vans in North Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Body Shop Maintenance Engineer, you will develop, implement, and improve the operation of equipment. This Engineer will also acts as interface between maintenance technicians and engineering to ensure the maintenance of equipment in production. Implement an established maintenance program and maintain detailed maintenance records. Lastly, this position requires will be responsible for monitoring Body Shop’s joining technologies’ performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree required
- Equivalent experience may be substituted
- +5 years’ of relevant experience required, strongly preferring automotive in a body shop environment
- PLC experience such as; Siemens, OMRON, Allen Bradley
- 3D-CAD experience such as; SolidWorks, Catia, and Siemens NX
- Hands-on experience pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and computer controlled systems
- Hands-on experience with process devices such as; motor drives, sensors, AC/DC converters, lifts, and conveyors
- Experience with joining technologies, clinching, gluing and fluid technology
- Hands-on Programming experience in booth or work cell or Kuka robots
- Hands-on experience in off-line simulations
- Experience with project management and equipment installation
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods/procedures and process technology.
- Ability to present complex technical information related to achieving goals of the department
- Must be able to evaluate alternative solutions and prepare decision making process
- Able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions
- Proven design & implementation of Continuous Improvement themes with savings
- Experience in process layout and optimization incorporating asset utilization is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot, instruct repair techniques, & assist if needed for root cause analysis in stressful situations
- Ability to read & create blueprints and schematics
- Proven written and verbal communication at all levels within an organization with good negotiation skills
- Collaborates and takes over responsibilities with other departments in preparing scope of work including project requirements, milestones, deliverables, end products, documents and reports that are expected to be provided by external providers
- Develops best practices to improve equipment capacity, quality and reliability
- Repair, adjust, and maintain production equipment, machinery, or instruments in cooperation with internal and external staff to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications
- Responsible for coordinating activities (PM’s, TPM, problem solving) of third party contractors, vendors, or suppliers related to the maintenance field
- Investigates complex problems, analyzes root causes and derives resolutions
- Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products
- Develops operational strategies to achieve energy and financial objectives
- Participates in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability
- Ensures equipment uptime, MTTR, MTBF, and OEE by relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Evaluates current production activities and drives improvements
- Ensures that highly technical equipment meets required specifications and high quality standards
- Drives and implements cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards
- Develops and contributes to product and process quality design testing methods
- Develops planning standards, methods, and procedures to maintain robust PM, TPM processes as well as robust containments and countermeasures for equipment downtime
- Stays current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes
- Proposes and manages medium-scale projects from beginning to end. May scope and manage large capital investment projects (>$5M)
- Responsible to support implementation of new equipment
- Drives the implementation of continuous improvement processes for efficiency to create a Lean Manufacturing environment
- May train and support less experienced engineers
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Will perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply