Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as an Electrician with MAU at Georgia-Pacific in Prosperity, SC. As the Electrician, you will be responsible for problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment. At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Great hours
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for advancement
- Direct-hire opportunity
- 1+ years of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, or industrial military environment
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- 2+ years of experience in industrial repair, process controls, and/or instrumentation
- Ability to provide own metric and standard tools
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Ability to lift, walk, climb, stoop, stand, push, and/or pull for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds and work at heights of up to 100 feet
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including all PPE requirements
- Associates degree or higher in Industrial Electricity, Instrumentation, Electrical and Control technology, or Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience with single and three phase electrical repair and/or troubleshooting up to 480 volts, reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints, measuring, cutting, and bending conduit, and troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and components (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience with Control Logix Allen Bradley PLC 5 (preferred)
- Military or apprenticeship experience in PLCs, voltage, wiring schematics, etc. (preferred)
- College coursework in Principles of Technology, Electrical Control Systems, or Control Theory (preferred)
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, install, repair, and maintain facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Understand, troubleshoot, and modify programmable logic control (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS)
- Provide feedback on equipment conditions, potential failure risks, corrections, and additions on job plans
- Install new conduit and wiring
- Modify existing conduit and wiring
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply