Job TitleMaintenance Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Maintenance Manager with Enviva in Franklin, VA. You will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering (preferred)
- 5+ years' of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast-changing manufacturing environment
- Must have experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements
- Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars - Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment is (preferred)
- Must have applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes
- Must have experience managing P.M. (Preventative Maintenance) practices
- Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development
- Demonstrate experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes
- Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions is required
- Experience with shop floor/information systems (i.e. PC, PLC, and/or Robotics) (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping (preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
- Willing to work outside, some lifting may be required
- Heat and dust can be part of the environment
- Plan, develop, and implement maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets
- Partner with manufacturing teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives
- Provide technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown re-occurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF)
- Coordinate processes to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders
- Support the 8 TPM pillars with technical resources and coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Coordinate the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar resources to deliver reliable maintenance processes including
- 5S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications
- Drive improvements during equipment changes to deliver new procedures, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards
- Maintain an integrated maintenance master plan utilizing quantitative information consistent with business goals
- Provide coordination of support services for machining, welding, electrical and miscellaneous contracted services
- Implement other support pillars to comply with safety, good housekeeping, quality and related regulatory requirements
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply