Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleProduction Supevisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Production Supervisor with our client in Warrenton, GA. As the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- Direct-hire opportunity
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of supervising direct reports in a wood products manufacturing facility
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other PC-based production reporting systems applications
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- 5+ years of experience supervising direct reports in a lumber manufacturing facility (turning timber into planed lumber (preferred)
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach
- Provide coaching and performance management
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform additional task as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply