Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleGeneral Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a General Manager with MAU's client in Arthur, IL. As the General Manager, you will lead manufacturing operations in the achievement of business objectives by developing and executing effective business strategies including a continuous improvement strategy and approach to identify and address business issues and opportunities. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- BS in Engineering, Business or a related required; advanced degree or professional manufacturing certification(s) preferred
- 15+ years leadership experience with a $250MM+ globally sourced, manufacturing organization
- Furniture industry experienced (preferred)
- Strong track record for transforming organizations – building the team, managing change, streamlining processes and driving safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements
- Strong lean manufacturing experience
- Drive collaboration with Operations and Supply Chain leadership to develop and execute manufacturing strategies, including manufacturing, sourcing, material planning, scheduling, and logistics
- Lead safety quality, delivery, and cost initiatives down through the organization with clearly defined and actionable plans
- Create and communicate a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the business to achieve and exceed business goals and objectives
- Champion company's Zero Injury Mission through demonstrated commitment to the Always Aware program, site specific safety plans and targeted initiatives
- Establish, improve, sustain and report KPI performance; leverage data to prioritize actions and drive continuous improvement
- Drive customer satisfaction through strict adherence to product specifications, open communication, and timely follow-up
- Identify and implement new technology, equipment, systems, and/or process improvements that enhance the manufacturing platform; drive maximize return on investment
- Build organizational capability by aligning human capital with the business mission, vision and values; focus on structure, people and process improvement opportunities
- Recruit, manage and continuously develop a world-class manufacturing team
- Develop and manage the operation’s operating budget; ensure achievement of financial objectives
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply