Operations Human Resource Manager
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleOperations Human Resource Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Operations Human Resource Manager
Expand your professional career as an Operations Human Resource Manager with Atkore in Harvey, IL. As an Operations HR Manager, you will be responsible for leading and executing talent acquisition and staffing, employee and labor relations, and the coaching and counseling of the management team. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Union and Labor Relations
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to analyze information and create reports
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Capacity to come in early or occasionally work off-shift hours to provide support to all facility shifts, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work within a small team and lead and/or co-lead various projects in areas such as grievance review, supervisor skills training, manpower analysis and employment, and recognition and employee investigations
- Lead Human Resources activities for a 3-shift manufacturing operation
- Serve as a business partner, focusing on brokering solutions
- Manage the Talent Acquisition process for salaried and production associates, including recruiting, screening and interviewing applicants to fill requests, creating and updating job descriptions, and training hiring managers on Atkore’s Recruitment and Selection process
- Implement pro-active approaches pertaining to employee and labor relations, hiring and selection, and compensation in support of the goals and strategic objectives
- Focus on creating a positive associate relations environment and culture
- Manage manpower planning and job movement related activities, including processing employee data changes, and interface with payroll regarding payroll changes and employment related actions
- Investigate and assist in resolving Employee Relations issues and complaints, including Compliance Hotline Investigations
- Lead team members and collaborate with other HR functional areas to deliver quality support to the client groups
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Operations Human Resource Manager position.