LocationGrants Pass, OR
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleMaterials Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Materials Manager with our client in Grants Pass, OR. As the Materials Manager, you will develop a dynamic, end-to-end materials strategy for the facility which includes collaboration with many areas of the business to improve sourced material quality, develop supplier capabilities, and deploy best practices. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- 7+ years of Supply Chain or Operations Management experience (preferred)
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- APICS certification (preferred)
- Lead all internal Materials management activities including ordering, delivery, storage, etc.
- Communicate with Operations on shortages, anticipated shortages, expediting status, etc.
- Provide vision, direction and focus to direct reports and actively support their development
- Develop and manage a materials strategy for the facility including risk mitigation strategies
- Key leader in the physical inventory process and inventory accuracy
- Assist the Sourcing & Logistics teams to provide the lowest total cost solution
- Communicate with Sourcing on issues relating to supplier performance: billing, receiving, and quality
- Meet new product introduction objectives (timing, quality, and system set up)
- Perform various materials-related projects, duties and analysis as assigned
- Responsible for Materials KPIs
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply