Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleWarehouse Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Warehouse Supervisor with Atkore in Philadelphia, PA. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating distribution functions on the assigned shift, including safety programs, shipping and receiving, inventory management, and warehousing. This is a direct hire opportunity with multiple shifts available.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working in a Distribution Center, focusing on receiving, picking, and shipping
- Experience in managing distribution center KPI compliance
- Expert skills in the development and mentoring of all distribution center team members
- Track record of continuous improvement in safety metrics and program management
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills, resulting in strategic and tactical goal attainment
- Experience participating in cross functional Kaizen and Lean events
- Comprehensive verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Outlook
- Experience with JD Edwards and RF Smart (preferred)
- Experience in lean manufacturing or a business system-based company (preferred)
- Coordinate and plan all assigned shift activity in the distribution center facility, leading daily shift activities, including monitoring and staffing inbound and outbound activities
- Schedule and assign distribution center employees to work, scheduling OT, providing corrective action, and tracking performance
- Maintain inventory using the Atkore Cycle Count Program, adjusting inventory when required and the reporting around those outcomes, maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy, understanding the root cause for exceptions, and reporting on those exceptions
- Assist in investigating and resolving distribution center issues on the assigned shift as they arise, such as shipping complaints and scrap requests
- Drive consistency and cost reduction through the creation, implementation, and adherence to standard work, becoming the subject matter expert with the WMS
- Track and report carrier performance and adherence to service levels, such as the 24 next day ship program and commercial metrics, reporting out weekly
- Achieve financial objectives for the shift by managing controllable expenses
- Follow all company policies, rules, and procedures including good housekeeping, monthly safety meetings, safety rules, and incident reporting and investigation
- Maintain positive interactions with internal and external customers calling upon the facility
- Assist in developing and implementing processes to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics, and create reports around these topics
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting with controllable expenses
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Warehouse Supervisor position.