Mercedes-Benz Vans - Group Leader (End of Line & Rework)
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Group Leader (End of Line & Rework)
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with Mercedes Benz Vans in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Group Leader, you will manage the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of a Production Group. Monitors production and meets established production and quality targets.
- High School diploma
- 3+ years of experience in supervisory role in manufacturing
- Root cause analysis experience required
- MS Office Suite skills required
- Ability to adapt and handle changing priorities
- Ramp up experience preferred
- Automotive experience preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and how to apply it in a modern environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to work well in an intercultural, fast-paced, changing and growing environment
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and meet targets and deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Acts as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group
- Oversees, organizes, and coordinates all work content of the group
- Motivates, supports, develops, and challenges team members to their optimal potential
- Manages flow of communication to the team and to management
- Drives continuous improvement for production processes, efficiency, product quality, environment, and ergonomics. Identifies trouble areas and resolves issues
- Administer company policies and procedures
- Assumes ownership and accountability for personnel management: Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counseling, resource planning and team building
- Coordinates schedules and workflow for the team. Plans, controls, and approves vacation, employee shifts, qualifications, and schedules
- Provides feedback to all involved departments to improve overall performance of the plant
- Prepares reports based on data. Presents findings to management and others
- Introduces measures for positive development of employees. Resolves complex employee issues
- Facilitates and participates in regularly scheduled meetings
- Project management and work shop involvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply