Warehouse Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleWarehouse Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Warehouse Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Expand your professional career as a 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor with Atkore in Kent, WA. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing all 2nd shift distribution functions for the Harvey location, including safety programs, shipping and receiving, inventory management, and warehousing. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience supervising in a high-volume Distribution Center, with a focus on receiving, picking, and shipping
- Experience in managing distribution center KPI compliance
- Previous training in developing and mentoring all distribution center team members
- Track record of continuous improvement in safety metrics and program management
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills, resulting in strategic and tactical goal attainment
- Experience participating in cross-functional Kaizen and Lean events
- Comprehensive verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Must have experience working in a unionized environment
- Work closely with Customer Service, Manufacturing, Inventory Control, and Transportation departments, to oversee the 2nd shift operations, including distribution, warehousing, and fulfillment operations, maintaining and enhancing existing standard work
- Coordinate and plan all activity on the distribution center docks, including the timing and location for carriers to be loaded
- Collaborate with all transportation types, include flatbed, dry van, containers, LTL, will call, and small parcel
- Achieve financial objectives for 2nd shift by managing controllable expenses
- Develop a safety culture in which all safety related programs are current, monitored, and enforced
- Drive consistency and cost reduction through the creation and implementation of improvements to our standard work
- Develop and implement processes to improve the Service Factor rate (Atkore’s measure of on-time delivery)
- Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Warehouse Supervisor – 2nd Shift position.