Job TitleQuality Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Quality Technician with Atkore in Harvey, IL. As a Quality Technician, you will be responsible for performing product inspections using various types of measurement equipment, including calipers, micrometers, and gauges, and developing reports to document findings. This is a direct hire opportunity with multiple shifts available.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Associate degree in Applied Science
- 3+ years of relevant experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Proficiency with precision measuring devices, including calipers, micrometers, comparators, height gauges, and custom fixtures
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of key elements of Statistical Process Control, and how to apply those elements
- Basic math skills
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Interpret manufacturing drawings and specifications, and apply procedures, specifications, and standards to ensure product compliance
- Prepare job information, including documents, gauges, quality history, etc. for production teams prior to the start of job setups
- Monitor Statistical Process Controls on key characteristics, as defined
- Perform inspections of manufactured parts, tooling, and fixtures to ensure final product conformance to customer specifications
- Initiate non-conformance reports and corrective actions
- Complete, inspect, and distribute all quality records and documents
- Maintain job files for production run data, first piece approvals, maintenance logs, visual alerts, etc.
- Calibrate gauging and maintain calibration records for gauges and other measuring equipment
- Assist in the training of new production personnel regarding gauges, gauging techniques, equipment, Statistical Process Control, data collection, and quality policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Quality Technician position.