LocationNew Bedford, MA
Job TitleQuality Inspector
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Quality Inspector with Atkore in New Bedford, MA. As a Quality Inspector, you will ensure products are manufactured to customer and company quality standards. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
**2nd and 3rd SHIFT OPPORTUNITY**
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of a proven track record as a quality inspector
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a strong teamwork-based environment and learn new methods and techniques
- A keen eye for details and a passion for results and facts-based approaches
- Familiarity with quality testing methods (i.e., vernier caliper, micrometer, hardness test, tension test, etc.)
- Experience working in an ISO9001 Quality Management System based organization
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to work on off-shift hours per production working schedule
- Experience in the cable and wire industry (preferred)
- Read and interpret product design, having a clear understanding of the requirements
- Perform random sampling inspections of all incoming, in-process, and finished products, ensuring 100% of quality requirements are met
- Ensure product is being verified after each changeover, ensuring compliance with product requirements
- Record and maintain complete, clear inspection information in the designated check sheet
- Initiate Non-Conformance Reports when defective product condition is observed, including updating the required log for traceability purposes
- Follow up with the department personnel responsible for effective containment and resolution of the issue
- Monitor the status of products on hold, working with cross-functional teams to ensure the disposition of materials is performed promptly
- Perform Layered Process Audits (LPA), ensuring all required process, and product characteristics are being followed
- Support the cross-functional team with continuous improvement projects when required
- Immediately escalate observed significant fallout or findings through audits to the management team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, training programs, and family culture allow MAU to offer better results, jobs, and lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of the Quality Inspector position.