Enviva - Director of Procurement
Job TitleEnviva - Director of Procurement
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Bethesda, MD, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for creating and overseeing the procurement strategy for the organization.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- 15-20 years of relevant and progressive work experience in a manufacturing or construction procurement function
- Previous experience in a leading procurement role for construction projects for manufacturing facilities with facility cost in excess of $50 million
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Proven track record of delivering large savings via a strong team or employees
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, treasury, risk management, etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong operational management and general business skills
- Proficient leadership skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills, oral and written
- Develop the organizational procurement strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of purchasing best-practices, policies and procedures across the organization
- Build, manage and lead a best-in-class team of professionals aligned with Enviva’s values
- Manage the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training, development and knowledge management capabilities
- Create and manage short, mid and long-term goals and objectives
- Establish KPI’s to measure performance against goals and objectives and define continuous improvement principles that foster cost reductions and strengthens synergies of cross-functional teams
- Select and manage systems supporting procurement activities
- Create and maintain relationships that drive ongoing value creation with a world class supply base
- Collaborate with functional leaders to understand vision and goals and ensure execution of all procurement strategies throughout Enviva
- Identify and manage strategic business relationships that underpin Enviva’s short, mid and long-term growth targets
- Management of cross functional budget initiatives for alignment with procurement activities
- Drive compliance with Enviva’s Delegation of Authority ensuring that new vendor relationships and contractual commitments are appropriately reviewed/approved
- Manage projects and prepare spend analysis, as needed
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply