Job TitleHR Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as an HR Manager with Atkore in Wayne, MI. As an HR Manager, you will lead and execute talent acquisition and recruitment, employee and labor relations, and the management team's coaching and counseling to maximize our associates' contribution. The HR Manager is also a valuable member of the plant management team, working to lead or co-lead various projects in areas such as grievance review, supervisor skills training, workforce analysis, employment, recognition, and employee investigations. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Prior experience in a unionized environment and labor relations activities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism while objectively coaching employees and management through complex, challenging, and emotional issues
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexibility to come in early or work off-shift hours, as needed, to provide support for 2nd and 3rd-shift associates
- Close attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands, and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with the ability to analyze information and create reports
- Lead Human Resources activities for a three-shift manufacturing operation
- Serve as a business partner, focusing on brokering solutions
- Manage the Talent Acquisition process for salaried and production associates, including recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants to fill requisitions, creating and updating job descriptions as needed, and training hiring managers on Atkore's Recruitment and Selection process
- Implement proactive approaches to employee and labor relations, hiring and selection, and compensation, supporting goals and strategic objectives
- Focus on creating a positive associate relations environment and culture
- Manage workforce planning and job movement-related activities, including processing employee data changes
- Interface on payroll changes and employment-related actions
- Investigate and help to resolve employee-relations issues and complaints, including Compliance Hotline investigations
- Collaborate with other HR functional areas in delivering quality support to the client groups
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the HR Manager position.