Job TitleQuality Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Quality Technician with Atkore in Byesville, OH. As a Quality Technician, you will drive operational compliance to customer and regulatory compliance. You will be expected to work cross-functionally to effectively install methods to prevent shipping defective products to end customers. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Associate degree in relevant technical courses
- 3+ years of relevant experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Proficiency with precision measuring devices, including calipers, micrometers, comparators, height gauges, and custom fixtures
- Familiarity with problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, fishbone, 5 why, is/is not, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of critical elements of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and how to apply those elements
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in leading small cross-functional teams, especially during problem-solving discussions
- Perform product inspections according to design specifications, using various types of measurement equipment and techniques
- Remain familiar with regulatory requirements and design specifications, able to train a cross-functional team, and ensure compliance
- Verify production reports and quality self-check information by Operators to ensure compliance with relevant requirements
- Perform and monitor Statistical Process Controls (SPC) on crucial characteristics as defined by customers and internal leadership teams
- Initiate non-conformance reports (NCR) on all parts and assemblies that are not to specification and ensure affected materials are being quarantined and dispositioned promptly
- Train new operators on basic quality requirements and common quality defects
- Maintain job files for production run data, first piece approvals, quality alerts, and completed non-conforming reports
- Calibrate gauging and maintain calibration records for gauges and other equipment
- Collaborate with Quality Analysts in the event gauges are found to be in poor working condition
- Perform daily audits at all manufacturing locations to ensure compliance with all committed corrective actions and required standards
- Participate in creating and maintaining a neat, organized, and safe work environment consistent with company standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, training programs, and family culture allow MAU to offer better results, jobs, and lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of the Quality Technician position's duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements.