Volvo Car - FTZ Coordinator
Job TitleVolvo Car - FTZ Coordinator
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group's mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the processing of Foreign Trade Zone activities through the FTZ system (MIC) relative to production parts from suppliers in assigned Trade Lane and built vehicles to assigned Trade Lane.
- Coordinate compliance activities relative to FTZ Operations for the Europe trade lane:
- Maintain vessel schedules
- Submit Importer Security Filings (ISF)
- Work with related departments to monitor and process premium transport shipments
- Process Inbound inbonds (CF7512) and permits to transfer (ePTT)
- Process Zone Admissions (e214)
- Review Inventory and process adjustments as required
- Process Outbound inbonds (CF7512)
- Monitor FTZ system error messages and resolve as required
- Monitor import product and ensure the company is operating within the scope of authority.
- Develop and maintain work instructions in line with the FTZ procedures manual
- Review documentation and adhere to recordkeeping requirements
- Day-to-day FTZ operations relative to production parts from Europe
- Day-to-day FTZ operations relative to whole automobiles to Europe
- Handling and processing premium shipments
- Prepare KPI’s to ensure operational effectiveness
- Coordinate with other groups as necessary to resolve issues
- Other activities as necessary to support the customs group
- The ability to communicate effectively across corporate boundaries is critical to the position.
- Daily interfaces with external vendors and international suppliers and agents require a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must be timely and accurate in all Customs-related matters to avoid penalties and delays in clearing shipments.
- Must remain abreast of an ever-changing regulatory environment to ensure compliance by the Companies represented by the function.
- Must be able to juggle several projects simultaneously, taking initiative in raising issues, and be committed to achieving results.
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Adjusts behavior style to match the demands of the situation.
- Knows how the organization operates, and knows its place within the larger context of the industry and marketplace.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally and to act in a multi-cultural environment
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities