Enviva Biomass - EHS Manager
Job TitleEnviva Biomass - EHS Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as an EHS Manager with Enviva in Franklin, VA. As the EHS Manager, you will create and maintain a safe, environmentally compliant workplace for all associates at our Franklin, VA facility. You will also ensure compliance with federal, state, and local EH&S laws and regulations. This is a Direct hire opportunity.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering or related degree
- High level knowledge of regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, and NIOSH) as applied to industrial operations
- 5+ years of experience working in Health & Safety regulatory compliance in an industrial setting
- Environmental compliance (Title V) experience (preferred)
- Experience in leadership and team building. Must demonstrate strong verbal, written, and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to work and lead in a face paced, industrial, team environment
- Lead efforts to ensure all employees are internally certified for tasks they perform
- Rigorously train and drill all employees in emergency response
- Communicate plant environmental compliance to state and local government agencies
- Implement, audit, and report plant performance of Enviva standards regarding EHS to company senior management
- Work closely with Plant Manager, supervisors and team leaders to implement and continuously improve EH&S programs
- Provide safety training to all employees, contractors, and vendors as required
- Lead safety team/Safety Committee meetings
- Perform EH&S compliance audits/assessments of facility and contractor work activities
- Communicate efffectively with contractor teams to create a documented safe work plan
- Provide prompt documentation of assessment findings, observations, and recommendations
- Conduct investigations of Health & Safety incidents to include root cause analysis
- Implement safe work practices and behaviors to achieve ZERO incidents/accidents (TIR)
- Ensure that work practices of employees, contractors, and vendors are in regulatory compliance with applicable regulatory agencies, as well as within company standards and policies
- Provide subject matter expertise in technical areas to include OSHA, EPS, NFPA, NEC, NIOSH, ANSI, and ASTM
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply