Senior Supply Planner
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleSenior Supply Planner
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Senior Supply Planner
Expand your professional career as a Senior Supply Planner with Atkore in Harvey, IL. As a Senior Supply Planner, you will be responsible for driving industry-leading customer service levels and inventory optimization. You will chart the customer to the supply chain by creating and sustaining lean-based supply chain techniques and programs. You will also work cross-functionally with Sales and Operations, ensuring that supply planning processes are executed to meet customer needs. At the same time, you will ensure cost/service tradeoff options are considered, driving continual business improvement and control. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 4+ years of experience in demand or inventory planning
- Proven experience in creating Excel/Database files
- SQL query building experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas for improvement for lean advancement and champion change
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with all levels of the organization
- APICS certification or Six Sigma/Lean Principles knowledge (a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to implement and utilize formal continuous process improvement techniques
- Ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards)
- Experience using an MRP system (JDE, JDA Fulfillment, or SAP APO)
- Ability to perform required tasks while wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), sitting, standing, lifting/moving boxes or equipment, and traveling for up to 15% of assigned duties
- Optimize inventory stocking levels and locations to service customer demand and reduce freight costs most effectively
- Lead the Supply/Demand balancing portion of the SIOP process
- Balance MRP requirements with plat capacity, best servicing responsible businesses
- Manage consignments to agent warehouses and Regional Distribution Centers
- Oversee 3rd party sourced inventory to agent warehouse and Regional Distribution Centers
- Communicate with customer service regarding availability for each location
- Improve the ability to stock products and meet promise dates on all made-to-order (MTO) items
- Identify and manage excess and obsolete product
- Review and track all customer back orders, working with plants and suppliers to reduce lead times
- Track, report, and analyze performance results to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Review and root cause missed customer orders for the implementation of preventative countermeasures
- Develop presentations illustrating key points and drive business decisions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, identifying alternate solutions to combat constrained supply situations
- Continuously seek out lean opportunities, improving current toolsets and streamlining processes
- Create standard work documents for procedures and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demand during constrained supply
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of the Senior Supply Planner position.