Supply Planning Manager
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleSupply Planning Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Supply Planning Manager
Expand your professional career as a Supply Planning Manager with Atkore in Harvey, IL. As a Supply Planning Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining stocking levels that drive customer service targets at the optimal levels while maintaining business cost targets for our Steel Conduit and ECN strategic business unit. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, the company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, supply chain, finance, mathematics, or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of experience in supply planning, materials planning, or related supply chain management
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge
- Experience working in S&OP, SIOP, or IBP processes (preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills (Power BI preferred), including creating Excel/Database files
- SQL query building experience (preferred)
- Prior experience working in data warehousing and/or analytics software (preferred)
- Experience using an MRP system or supply planning software (JDE MRP, JDA Fulfillment, or SAP APO)
- ASCM CPIM or CSCP certification (preferred)
- Proven self-starter with excellent time management skills, meeting deadlines and pivoting as priorities change
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written correspondence across all organizational levels
- Willingness and ability to travel for up to 15% of assigned duties
- Manage a team of Supply Planners, being responsible for balancing service to the customer and overall inventory levels
- Assume the lead role in the management of MRP tools necessary to drive inventory levels to support key metrics/business objectives
- Lead the monthly Supply Review (Supply/Demand balancing) meetings as a part of the SIOP process
- Remain accountable for customer fill rate and inventory days on hand within the business area of responsibility
- Present department Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to general managers and various levels of senior and executive leadership
- Create processes to manage both stocking and made-to-order items
- Ensure aligned inventory strategies are incorporated into updated supply plans
- Proactively communicate potential supply issues with the Product Supply while leading issue resolution
- Conduct monthly root cause analysis of KPIs for their category/cluster and identify corrective actions
- Lead capability with cross-functional teams on both long and short-term capacity assessments to support demand changes
- Serve as the primary point of contact in supply planning for sales teams
- Ensure that supply planning activities in the commercialization timeline are completed on time
- Oversee the annual agent warehouse physical inventory reviews
- Ensure RDCs are stocked at an optimal level to support the sales strategy
- Identify and manage excess and obsolete products with a continuous improvement approach to minimize future causes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of the Supply Planning Manager position.