Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitlePackaging Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Packaging Engineer with Robert Bosch in Florence, KY. As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for all activities related to supplier, internal, and customer packaging, including developing, approving, and maintaining returnable and expendable packaging concepts throughout the entire Bosch supply chain. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Bachelor’s degree in Packing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of methods used in package design, testing, and packaging materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- German language skills (preferred)
- Basic math and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make independent, complex decisions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), with capacity to learn other software, including SAP, Axalant, and Test Software
- SAP experience (module MM, PP, and SD)
- Knowledge of Packit or other packaging related databases (preferred)
- CAD drawing skills and/or the ability to read blueprints
- Project Management experience
- Ability to travel for job requirements, including both foreign and domestic travel
- Ensure returnable and expendable packaging for internal use is available, or an alternate expendable backup for returnable
- Place requisitions for packaging ordered through spot buys
- Order "repetitive use" production and Service packaging through blanket PO’s
- Serve as a champion of returnable/expendable packaging cost optimization and savings
- Work with packaging suppliers to resolve any issues (i.e., package design, design testing, quality problems, internal production concerns, etc.) from Unitizing to agreed MOQ volumes
- Develop processes for effective dunnage management (cleaning loops, damage replacement, etc.)
- Track expendable use and process customer and supplier claims
- Develop and maintain databases for all finished returnable/expendable packaging (PAGOS)
- Maintain packaging websites for all customers (clips champs) for incoming returnable and expendable dunnage
- Register to all necessary OES customer portals to review, learn, execute, and comply with the packaging and labeling guidelines
- Review desired standard packs per product line for proper packaging quoting with Aftermarket Logistics Manager
- Fill and submit GMCCA packaging RFQs within the given timeframe to avoid PRRs
- Fill and submit Chrysler service (Mopar) packaging RFQs through their CDR system
- Fill and submit all other OES packaging RFQs as needed
- Review and resolve all service packaging RFQ rejections or questions directly with the OES customers
- Present and review all OES RFQs with respective Account Managers, ensuring they meet OES/Aftermarket pricing and profitability targets
- Keep current with all OES customers’ ongoing packaging and labeling changes, presenting any additional cost concerns OES to Account Managers
- Work with Aftermarket Product Manager when RFQ part numbers are not defined in SAP or Axalant
- Other duties as assigned by management
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
Robert Bosch, LLC
Some 374,000 associates generated sales of over 70.6 billion euros worldwide in 2015. In North America, the Bosch Group has over 41,000 associates, and in business year 2015 achieved a total of 14.1 billion euros in sales revenue.
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 30 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors.
Our associates will run state of the art automatic production equipment and technology in a clean, climate-controlled environment. These positions are long term with opportunity for upgrades, conversion to full time hire and skill training programs offered each year.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply