LocationNew Bedford, MA
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleTransportation Coordinator
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a 2nd Shift Transportation Coordinator with Atkore in New Bedford, MA. As a Transportation Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating distribution center operations, transportation, inventory, and demand planning. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience working in distribution center operations, transportation, inventory, or demand planning
- Experience working with JDE in a lean manufacturing or business system-based company (preferred)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment while managing time efficiently and effectively
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Perform driver check-in/out from the facility
- Prepare shipping documents for warehouse personnel
- Create shipping documents and Bill of Ladings for outbound shipments
- Develop customs paperwork or commercial invoices for international shipments
- Verify the accuracy of all shipping and receiving documentation
- Validate and process detention requests from carriers
- Assist in appointment scheduling and transportation planning activities, as needed
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and visitors/drivers
- Maintain a clean and orderly working area, minimizing room for errors
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Transportation Coordinator – 2nd Shift position.