Enviva - Capacity Engineer
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleEnviva - Capacity Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in, Raleigh, NC,and expand your professional portfolio. As the Capacity Engineer you will be the leader and key resource for creating, updating and maintaining capacity data and models of multiple pellet mill manufacturing sites and shipping ports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Manufacturing or Operations Degree will be considered
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in budgeting, capacity planning and data management
- Experience in wood, wood pellets and/or pulp and paper industry preferred
- Working knowledge of Minitab
- Self-reliant and good communication skills essential
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other Quality Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Using the Enviva Four Pillars of Operational Discipline, this position is responsible for (4) key deliverables:
- Create data map that identifies: (1) sources of capacity data, (2) gaps or inconsistencies in data management or collection and (3) identify solutions for improvement for accurate data collection
- Adopt, refine and implement existing capacity planning model for all manufacturing sites
- Establish process flow and standard work to insure changes in manufacturing capacity due to capital investment and continuous improvement projects are reflected in capacity planning model
- Maintain and publish capacity dashboard
- Collect, monitor and study business data to produce custom in-depth reports that identify capacity risks and maintain site efficiencies
- Report out site metrics to management team(s) to create a prioritized list of needs for each site
- Aid other functional areas engaged in capacity planning activities
- Identify risk to capacity constraints on direct labor needs, shipments, production, and warehouse space based on contracted demand
- Support continuous improvement in the analysis and design of data and analytical framework
- Validate and test data and reports to ensure accuracy and quality
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders on the development and production of a wide range of standard reports to ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements
- Identify areas for improvement in reporting, analysis, or other areas based on trend analysis
- Create capacity planning procedures as necessary and support maintenance of documentation and training of others
- Some travel as needed
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply