Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleTransportation Analyst
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Transportation Analyst with our client in Gaffney, SC. As the Transportation Analyst, you will assist in the day-to-day operations of the company's transportation department to include the assignment of domestic and international carriers while following established cost containment procedures. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- High School Diploma and 3 years of advanced training
- 3+ years' distribution experience (transportation, customs compliance, shipping/receiving).
- Company policies, customer relations, advanced computer skills
Working knowledge of United States Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule and ability to correctly classify various products
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP/WMS
- Ability to perceive and initiate independent action
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Organization skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Contact air, ocean and surface transportation carriers to secure the low-cost carrier selection for standard and expedited shipments and make certain proper approvals from management are obtained
- Review invoices from ocean carriers, trucking companies, as well as international freight forwarders and attach back up documentation as necessary prior to submitting to the Sr. Director of Transportation
- Develop and maintain a surface carrier database by shipping / destination points to measure key performance indicators including cost per mile and on time deliveries
- Update and distribute inbound container information to various company personnel while also monitoring potential container demurrage and detention
- Communicate any potential expense to the necessary warehouse and supply chain personnel
- Produce monthly reports for management outlining these charges
- Assess current carrier base and recommend changes as needed to ensure sufficient capacity is available to meet the company's needs
- Work with various company personnel on upcoming projects to provide freight cost estimates.
- Communicate with ocean carriers and air forwarders to schedule export shipments back to the company and outside vendors while completing proper documents
- Interact with the different Supply Chain groups, as well as the company's booking agent and steamship lines in order to request diversions and provide updates on inbound containers
- Assist with any other domestic / international transportation and customs-related matters, as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply