Material Control Specialist I
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleMaterial Control Specialist I
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Material Control Specialist-I
Jumpstart your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Material Control Specialist-I, you will be responsible for optimizing supplies and stock and ordering an accurate quantity of parts. You will also maintain and analyze supplier ratings while acting as a point of contact as needed.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- BS/BA degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or International Business with German concentration or related discipline preferred or
- 4+ years’ equivalent professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- 2+ years’ of related professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP) a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
- 1-3 years of experience in Material Control and Production Control Management.
- Communication/interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) with emphasis on Excel and Word and SAP
- Basic German or Spanish (a plus).
- Controls supplies and stock by timely planning the correct quantity of parts, while at the same time optimizing the stock on hand.
- Performs basic data processing and parameter administration in the Material Planning system.
- Supports on-going series production, parts run-in and run-out, and processing of technical changes within this scope is the minimization of obsolescence costs.
- Maintains and analyzes monthly Supplier rating and yearly SUMIS (Supplier Management Information System) rating information as applicable.
- Participates in departmental projects, or projects led outside the department.
- Acts as a contact to all suppliers and carriers, logistics association, and institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by company operations supervisor.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply