Distribution Coordinator – 2nd Shift
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleDistribution Coordinator – 2nd Shift
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Distribution Coordinator – 2nd Shift
Expand your professional career as a 2nd Shift Distribution Coordinator with Atkore in Kent, WA. As a Distribution Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating distribution functions, including assisting safety programs, record keeping, training, inventory management, and shipping/receiving scheduling. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in a distribution coordinator position, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of distribution center management in areas such as bulk and pick/pack, LTL, TL, and containerized shipments
- Strong customer focus, communication, and organizational skills
- Six Sigma/Lean experience (preferred)
- Strong understanding of metrics used to assist management in the warehouse environment
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Outlook)
- Extensive experience with WMS and Scanning Systems operations and capabilities, JD Edwards, and RF Smart (preferred)
- Ability to embrace and foster an environment that supports the Atkore core values – Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Prepare, track, and maintain necessary distribution documentations, standard work, inventory lists, and other records for the site
- Effectively maintain records to ensure policies and procedures are updated, driving effective receipt, handling, storage, and distribution of products
- Routinely review and recommend improvements for existing distribution policies and procedures while managing record keeping
- Track the performance of all Logistics Metrics, ensuring required service levels are met and reported out to Pareto on weekly Commercial Metrics calls
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate resolutions for both internal and external issues, while tracking KPIs and TTIs at daily GEMBA meetings
- Perform order status inquiries for all completed orders
- Adjust orders, as needed, to compensate for damages or shortages
- Monitor progress throughout the shift, supporting the completion of daily assignments
- Perform physical counts, cycle counts, and period inventory verification
- Participate in 5S and Safety auditing
- Encourage and remain receptive to suggestions and new ideas
- Recommend new techniques, systems, and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of the Distribution Coordinator position.