Job CategoryQuality Control
Job TitleQuality Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional career as a Quality Technician with MAU at Thomson Plastics in Thomson, GA. As a Quality Technician, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Quality Department, ensuring all products manufactured meet customer requirements.
Thomson Plastics, Inc (TPI) is committed to excellence in quality, delivery, and service. Building relationships with their business partners, TPI obtains the knowledge and confidence required to work as a seamless unit, ensuring the absolute understanding of their partners’ expectations. Protecting the health and safety of employees, customers, and the natural environment is a core value within Thomson Plastics. They are committed to hazard-free workplaces, employee safety training, services, and products that are safe in the field, all following regulatory compliance and protection of the environment.
What We Offer:
- $15.50 per hour
- 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Referral bonuses
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a relevant quality position
- Ability to perform required tasks while being exposed to transmission fluids, standing for the duration of the shift, lifting up to 25 pounds, climbing onto and off of lifts, walking long distances, being exposed to varying temperatures (non-climate-controlled environment), bending, crouching, twisting, and performing repetitive motions
What You’ll Do As A Quality Technician:
- Interface with customer contacts to resolve quality issues
- Maintain key relationships with customers, establishing scheduled visits to review issues/concerns with supplied products
- Complete a Benchmark Trip Report on each customer site visit, distributing it to the Plant Manager and other members of management, as appropriate
- Collect data and complete monthly charts of Management Review data
- Combine data from monthly charts for the Thomson Plastics Management Review Meeting (annually, at minimum)
- Serve as a member of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) team, ensuring customer and process requirements are known and understood to prepare new and/or modified products
- Attend daily management meeting, reporting on internal and external product rejections and scrap percentages by part and shift
- Confirm that all First Article inspections have been accurately completed prior to production
- Ensure that all nonconforming/suspect products are contained in the NCM and/or Rework area
- Maintain a neat and orderly NCM area
- Track trends, initiating internal corrective actions (ICAR) through the Enterprise IQ database, as appropriate
- Immediately notify the Plant Manager of any customer complaints and product rejections, both internal and external
- Distribute customer PPM reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly, to the Plant Manager
- Disposition rejected material and product in a timely manner
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions, addressing the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
- Ensure that root cause analyses are conducted and addressed in Audit Corrective Action Requests (ACAR), as assigned, and close out in a timely and efficient manner
- Stop production, when needed, to correct quality issues
- Ensure safety and housekeeping audits are completed and submitted
- Order and stock necessary supplied needed in the Quality Department
- Maintain quality records, meeting the requirements of QMS
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Quality Technician position.