Quality Control Inspector
Job CategoryQuality Control
Job TitleQuality Control Inspector
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Quality Inspector with MAU in Anderson, SC. Join the team that has been committed to providing a wide range of services including stamping and punching, laser cutting and more for a variety of industries since 1969. As the Quality Inspector, you will be responsible for performing routine checks, tests, gauging and inspections of materials, goods in process, and finished goods. This is a Temp-to-Hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years’ of experience in quality using tools such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges
- Will consider a person directly out of trade/technical school with training in quality assurance
- This is a hands on inspection position
- Knowledge of machining blueprints
- Familiarity with calipers, micrometers and indicators
- Basic math skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $14 per hour
- Health benefits
- Great hours
- Monday – Friday, First Shift (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM)
- Straight Shifts
- This is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity
What You’ll Do As A Quality Inspector:
- Inspect parts from local machine shop
- Use micrometers and caliper
- Perform routine checks, tests, gauging and inspections of materials, goods in process, and finished goods
- Report results to department supervisor who will make an analysis and take necessary action
- Monitor quality characteristics for incoming, in-process, and finished products
- Remove defects and places acceptable product back on line
- Record results on inspection forms or charts and reports number of defects found.
- Declare products as either acceptable or not acceptable according to specifications and makes recommendation on disposition of questionable product to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Quality Inspector position.