Job CategoryQuality Engineering
Job TitleQuality Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
A manufacturer in the automotive industry is hiring a Quality Engineer to focus on the necessary daily customer quality interface representing the company. This position will perform cross functional planning activities and provide associated metrics for current and future products. The role will also execute quality planned work with respect to all customer and manufacturing requirements. The Quality Engineer performs and supports/coordinates the use of associated assets to ensure the effective and efficient execution of manufacturing project milestones and associated delivery dates, and will direct the activities of Assembly Quality Technician resources.
- Experience in High Volume Complex Manufacturing (Assembly) as well as Supply Quality Engineering.
- Work direct with customer, internal organization and Supplier to solve a range of straightforward problems; analyze solutions using standard procedures.
- Active support of customer in all quality related and safety relevant aspects during the launch and SOP.
- Development and maintenance of all related C of C, PFD, PFMEA, PTC, Quality Equipment planning and subsequent Safe Launch Controls.
- Controlling of project specific quality actions according Quality Plan, and the identification and tracking of quality related findings,
- Work effectively with SQA, Product Design and Component Manufacturing for APQP, PPAP, quality data techniques, Process Capability Analysis, requalification
- Provision of all quality related costs for the calculation and budgetary purposes.
- Quality reporting and monitoring of internal / external corrective actions.
- Supports the release, tooling, equipment (gauges, fixtures), Inspection reports, customer approval (e.g. process capability studies, SREA, MDA, IMDS, PPAP, etc.).
- Support of quality, production and WRC training in cooperation with Operative Quality Engineering.
- Identifies lessons learned and ensuring use and collection; comparison of quality results to targets (functionality, time schedule, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing Quality Engineering.
- Machining or High Volume Assembly and Test Experience Preferred
- Supplier Quality Experience Preferred
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities