LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job TitleManager, Sales
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Join our team at South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) as a Manager and meet the world! Named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina in 2019, the SCPA operates oceanside and inland terminals throughout the state with facilities in Charleston, Dillon, Georgetown, Greer, and a sixth facility - the Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr. Terminal with plans to open in 2021. As an economic development engine for the state, Port operations facilitate 187,200 statewide jobs and generate nearly $53 billion annual economic activity.
As the Manager, you will Develops, implements, and leads business development objectives and client support initiatives in support of SCPA’s aggressive goals to increase cargo volume and operational revenues and earnings. The Manager, National Accounts is the face of all SCPA service offerings providing subject matter expertise to new and existing clients while driving continuous process improvement to the SCPA sales strategy.
- Direct-Hire Opportunity
- Competitive Pay
- Great hours
- 1st Shift
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Logistics, or International Trade (preferred)
- 7+ years of supply chain sales experience
- A valid South Carolina driver’s license is required to operate a Ports Authority owned licensed motor vehicle
- Professional experience in 3PL sales, contract logistics background, or ocean carrier sales (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and manage your own book of business
- Existing relationships with large volume importers and exporters (preferred)
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, potentially in a remote setting, as well as with a team
- Ability to identify and lead the development of solutions when needed
- 10 years of progressive experience in transportation sales in a "consultative sales approach" environment (preferred)
- Experience with the different aspects of international supply chains – ocean carriers, NVOs, truck, rail/intermodal, warehousing, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and sales skills in a B2B and transportation environment
- Maintain and expand the customer base in assigned industry vertical by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and service providers
- Identify new customer opportunities to increase business through SCPA
- Develop relationships with potential clients, leading in the recruitment of their facilities to the State of South Carolina by assisting in:
- Select and negotiate with transportation service providers;
- Negotiate state incentive packages; and
- Locate real estate
- Develop relationships with ocean carrier representatives, 3PLs, other assorted supply chain vendors and economic development entities like industrial real estate brokers to better serve the clients of SCPA
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales objectives, reporting on results
- Inform senior management of any issues with sales team goals and results
- Other duties as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply