Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career as a Welder with CIVES Steel Company in Wolcott, IN. As a Welder, you will prepare, arrange, fit, and assemble various materials and components using a variety of weld processes in a steel manufacturing facility. CIVES Steel Company is one of North America’s largest and most successful structural steel and plate fabricators! This is a direct-hire opportunity.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18.35 per hour, depending on experience
- 2nd shift premium $0.75
- Great hours
- 1st shift, 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- 2nd shift, 4:30 PM – 3:00 AM
- Monday-Thursday, mandatory Fridays
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for advancement
- Rewards programs
- Referral bonuses
- Quarterly attendance and safety bonuses
- Profit sharing annually
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma
- Graduate of an accredited welding program
- OR 2+ years industrial/construction or similar commercial welding experience and be proficient to successfully pass required weld testing on pipe and certification in the following: SMAW (Stick) and FCAW (Flux Core)
- Academic or employment experience welding pipe in positions including, but not limited to: overhead, vertical, and flat
- Must possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blueprints, planning, and general methods
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Prepare, arrange, fit, and assemble a variety of materials (stainless, carbon, nickel alloy, cobalt alloy, etc.) and components using a variety of weld processes (mig, stick, & flux core) in a steel manufacturing company
- Make welds in all positions
- Interpret and execute production using drawings, blueprints, planning, and general methods
- Operate various material-moving equipment (overhead crane, etc) and use a wide variety of associated shop equipment and tooling
Since 1952, CIVES has been true to the vision laid by our founder, John Rouse. Mr. Rouse realized early that surrounding himself with talented, educated people only made his company better. Mr. Rouse joined hands with a young engineer by the name of Mr. Howard E. Lechler, and the two began a steel fabrication business. They forged ahead guided by two principles: produce a high-quality product and deliver it on time. Their steadfast commitment to quality and engineering excellence was the highest priority. Today that commitment remains within each and every employee and will continue to do so long into the future. CIVES is an employee-owned company, thus ensuring all stay true to our founder’s vision of delivering excellence and exacting precision in all that we do.
All Applicants must submit to background check, drug screening, and physical exam.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Welder position.