Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Welder with MAU in Anderson, SC. Join the team that has been committed to providing a wide range of services including stamping and punching, laser cutting and more for a variety of industries since 1969. As the Quality Inspector, you will be responsible for performing routine checks, tests, gauging and inspections of materials, goods in process, and finished goods. This is a Temp-to-Hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years’ of Welding experience required
- Must be very familiar with metal fabrication
- Ability to conduct production MIG & TIG welding
- Must be trainable to operate Stamping Press Machines and Saws
- Must be familiar with blue prints & schematics.
- Hand measurement tool experience such as Calipers, Micrometers & Gauges is required
- Knowledge of machining blueprints
- Basic math skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15.00 - $17.00 per hour based on experience
- Health benefits
- Great hours
- Monday – Friday, First Shift (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM)
- This is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Perform set-up and welding, on a diversified line of standard weldments and structures in accordance with alignment, dimensional and production requirements
- May select and vary techniques within limits or recognized procedures based on company procedures
- Work on medium size bases and frames, hoods, small structures, plate weldments, etc.
- Work from drawings and job layouts to produce a high-quality product
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, and work procedures
- Conform to all safety rules and use all required safety equipment
- Cleans work area using broom, shop vacuum, and/or mop to maintain a safe, clean working area
- Other support functions as required
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Welder position.