Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Welder with MAU at Benteler Automotive in Duncan, SC. As a Welder your key responsibilities will be to produce welded parts at an acceptable rate which meet the customer’s quality requirements using various machines and robots. This involves differentiating the assembly of several parts, tolerances, and specifications. Benteler is currently seeking skilled employees looking for an opportunity to grow in a temp-to-hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred Welding Cell experience including MIG Welding, Automatic and Robotic
- Welding Certification or completion of training and welding certification within 6 months
- Completion of computerized Weld Inspection Training program
- Ability to work a 10 to 12 hour shift and flexibility to work any day of the week.
- B-shift (8:00 PM-6:30 AM)
- Ability to operate gages and measuring tools to determine the quality of a part
- Capacity to understand work orders, machine controls and settings, fixtures and tool requirements and make adjustments as needed
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Health benefits
- Temp-to-hire position
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner following all established safety guidelines and procedures
- Only operates work stations that the associates has been fully trained to operate and knows all emergency stop locations and "lock-out tag-out points" ( if applicable)
- Wears all necessary personal protective equipment at all times. Notifies the Team Leader immediately of any safety concerns
- Performs repetitive operations of loading and unloading component parts welding operation
- Under normal supervision, the Weld Cell operator will load and operate the weld cell within the practices outlined by our manufacturing systems, i.e., Job Instruction Books, OCR’s, etc.
- Monitor welding systems for required fluid levels, filter cleanliness, switch positions, hose connections, and ground connections
- Make minor adjustments to weld systems as needed
- Perform and preventive maintenance activities
- Retrieve and set up necessary paperwork, gages and associated equipment necessary for statistical process control studies
- Assist with change-out and set-up of weld fixtures
- Work together with Packer towards the goals of ensuring that the parts meet quality standards, keeping scrap and rework parts to a minimum, and finding the optimum speed at which both persons can thoroughly perform their individual duties
- To ensure quality, performs visual and gaged inspections, and verifies proper assembly of all parts as directed by work instructions; work is subject to process and final inspection
- Perform re-weld and repair as needed on parts
- Coordinate activities with Fork Truck Driver/Material Handler to minimize downtime due to running out of parts
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. Ensure all equipment and the work areas are cleaned daily and free of safety hazards
- Keep work area organized, neat, and clean according to 5-S standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must accurately complete required paperwork, in-process tags, scrap reports, and other reports as outlined by the manufacturing/quality systems
BENTELER develops solutions that make the difference – for our customers, employees and the society. Continual progress is an integral part of our 140-year success story. We focus on our strengths and strategic initiatives in order to encourage long-term profitability and to secure our company’s continued independence.
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Welder position.