Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
MAU is seeking Welders to join a well-established company in the Upstate! General Electric has transformed itself into the world leader in power generation manufacturing. GE Gas Power manufactures cleaner, attainable energy everywhere. GE’s technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity.
As a Welder, you will prepare, arrange, fit and assemble a variety of materials and components using a variety of weld processes in a gas turbine manufacturing facility.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $23 per hour; $1 shift differential on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- 8 hour shifts Monday – Friday
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing and available to work the off- shift
- Graduate of an accredited welding program
- 2+ years of industrial/construction or similar commercial TIG welding
- Employment experience welding pipe in positions including, but not limited to: overhead, vertical, and flat
- Must possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, planning, and general methods
- Must have skills to pass required pipe weld test and certify in the following weld processes: SMAW (Stick), GTAW (Tig), and FCAW (Flux Core)
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Prepare, arrange, fit, and assemble a variety of materials (stainless, carbon, nickel alloy, cobalt alloy, HastX, Nimonic, etc.) and components using a variety of weld processes (tig, stick, & flux core) in a gas turbine manufacturing facility
- Apply all types of welding processes (tig, stick, & flux core) to various parts, assemblies, and components
- Make welds in all positions on and off the turbin
- Interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, planning, and general methods
- Operate various material-moving equipment (forklifts, jib/gantry cranes, etc.) and use of a wide variety of associated shop equipment and tooling
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
The MAU Greenville location holds walk-in interviews all week long from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and from 1 PM to 4 PM. Please ensure you have updated your application before coming in to interview.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Welder position.