Job TitlePayroll Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
This Payroll Supervisor will have the primary role of ensuring all compensation, billing processes and related reporting requirements are executed accurately and in a timely manner. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and implements those initiatives.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays (9)
- Paid Vacation
- Great work environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Additional Supplemental benefit programs
- 401K, Salary Continuation, Educational Reimbursement Program and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Great hours
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday - Friday
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years supervisory experience required.
- 2+ years’ experience in Payroll and Compensation
- Knowledge of payroll practices and laws including: federal and state tax filings, benefits administration, and garnishments.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately (critical)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Bullhorn, PrismHR and Avionte (preferred)
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Supervise 4 Payroll team members
- Manage a Payroll team responsible for daily payroll transactions such as: data entry, mass uploads, reversals/replacements/corrections, batch processing, and ACH submittal and accuracy
- Oversee high volume multi-state weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing (over 9,000 employees and associates)
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Evaluate and execute appropriate internal pay/bill audits, and checks and balances for payroll procedures to ensure payroll compliance and proper internal controls
- Oversee preparation of federal and multi-state monthly and quarterly payroll tax filings
- Accountable for the annual distribution of W-2’s and all payroll tax documents
- Select training for team to stay up-to-date of all federal, state, and local payroll related regulations, and ensure payroll team performs tasks in compliance with requirements
- Review complex and/or sensitive payroll requests. Serve as an escalated employee contact to resolve issues related to payroll processing, wage deductions, and leave accruals. Provide guidance to staff for appropriate resolution
- Create, implement, and hold team accountable to annual team objectives and KPI’s
- Establish developmental goals and timelines for staff
- Identify objectives for staff to optimize the customer service experience
- Evaluate Payroll team members on performance, and complete quarterly and annual performance appraisals
- Review and understand all payroll processes. Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes
- Accountable for maintaining effective internal and external client relationships
- Visit branch locations and key clients to drive billing/payroll process improvements and efficiencies
- Work closely with the Controller in order to develop departmental policies and procedures
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Payroll Supervisor job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply