Job TitleProduction Leader
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Production Leader with MAU at Lassonde and Pappas Company in Hendersonville, NC. The Production Leader, you will support person for all operators on the line by helping with line balancing, troubleshooting equipment, product quality checks, product safety (including sensory (CQP) and monitoring of CCP requirements), support break and lunch relief while keeping a clean and organized work area.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of production experience operating equipment
- Experience in the food/beverage industry (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (preferred)
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task (preferred)
- Excellent time management skills (preferred)
- Build and maintain professional relationships (preferred)
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to work 2nd shift 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM or 2 PM - 2 AM
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $22 - $25 per hour
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Production Leader:
- Maintain a clean work area:
- Occasional hosing down and mopping the area as needed throughout the day
- Assist the line operators in picking up dropped caps, bottles, labels, cardboard or any other spillage in the production area
- Ensure floors free of juice by washing down any spillage to minimize slippery conditions
- Ensure area is organized and free of debris, such as wood chips from pallets, especially near the filler
- Ensure area is wiped and cleaned through the "clean as you go" program
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment throughout the line and support maintenance when there is downtime
- Assist with package changeovers on all the equipment by adjusting rails, swapping out change parts on the filler, labeler and packer
- Coordinate breaks and lunches with other operators and filling in as the operator while the operator is on break or lunch
- Ensure highest productivity on the line by maintaining a balanced line and reducing or minimizing waste on the line when it comes to juice, caps, labels, cardboard, bottles and other packaging materials
- Rework bottles from the empty chute from the single filler and dumping back juice that is reworkable
- Ensure good quality product by assisting the operators with analytical checks such as sensory (CQP), monitoring of CCP requirements, brix, TA, correct label usage, correct coding and correct use of trays/RSC. Verify individual runs on the cap code, bottle code and case code
- Coordinate with forklift operator on correct bottle usage and cap usage at the filler
- Verify employees are using equipment guards and following safety rules and policies
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Production Leader position.